Used Bow List
Click Here for Fast Flite, TS-1, 452, 452X, 450 Plus, DynaFLIGHT 10, DynaFLIGHT 75, DynaFLIGHT 97, Astroflight and 8125 Strings
Why buy from me? Quality. Check out competitor strings. Are the loops twisted tightly? This is where strings normally fail. Once I have performed the required number of twists for the loop size I compact the loop bundles with a couple of rotations before forming the actual loop. This will make for a longer lasting string since the strands will not shift around and wear as quickly. My strings are made to strict specifications. If you want a string 58" long that is what you will get. I do not twist my strings up to get the length. I make the string about 3/4" shorter than ordered and stretch it till it seats at the proper length. End result? Your string is not all twisted up like a slinky and it is not gonna stretch. You will find that my strings creep very little and you do not have to continually tune your bow. Please check below the picture of what happens when you do not counter-twist your bundles. If you have spent $300 or $1300 on your bow no sense in being thrifty on your string. B-50 strings are $12.00. There is no price break for a two color string so you may as well get an accent string where I incorporate one strand of a completely different color into each bundle to give the string an added "accent" Most B-50 strings are served with standard nylon serving and all tag ends are trimmed for a neat appearance. All B-50 colors being made now are available. Those colors include black, blue, bright yellow, brown, cedar(ivory), cocobolo, hunter green, teal, red, tan, yellow and white...I also have some pink and purple. In nylon serving I have black, brown, green, red, yellow, royal blue, sky blue, white and green camo. I also have a wide variety of fast flight and braided serving. There is an additional charge this. I will need the weight and AMO of your bow and if you are undecided on the color scheme for an "accent" string let me know the glass colors and I will work one up for you. Also specify recurve or longbow so I can make the proper size loops. It would not hurt to specify the model of your bow/bows either. Some bows like Wing and Herters that have a radical recurve actually require a shorter string than the normal AMO standard. To measure your string take the string off of the bow at its current brace height. Do not let it untwist. On a B-50 string it would be best to have had the bow unstrung for a few hours. Hook one of your loops on a nail and pull it tight. Take an end of loop to end of loop measurement while the string is under light tension to the nearest 1/8". This is your actual string length. Be sure to state whether your current string material is B-50 or some kind of fast flight or other high performance material. If you are going from B-50 to some kind of fast flight or from fast flight to B-50 please realize your string is going to be a different length. Please mention this!
A single B-50 string shipped is $15.75. Any non-padded FF style strings are $18.75 shipped. A padded loop string will run $21.75. Two strings or more will be the price of the strings plus $4.25 shipping.........these will be insured. Shipping rates on larger orders will be determined. I will no longer replace strings that are lost in the mail. I urge everyone to invest a couple bucks in a bow stringer. My favorite is the Bateman Stringer. I have found these at Lancaster Archery. I do carry these for $13.
Shipping on a stringer will be $3.00 unless purchased with a string or strings then its an extra $2. Email to order email@example.com
Please.........follow these steps to expedite your order and decrease the number of correspondences.
1) Tell me what kind of bow you have. Include brand and model, AMO(bow length), and weight. Ex. Bear Kodiak, 60", 55#.
2) Determine your current string material...........is it some type of high performance material or is it B-50? See the link above.
3) Determine your string length. Instructions in the first paragraph. Realize that if you are going from B--50 to fast flight or from fast flight to B-50 your string length is going to be completely different. Please determine your string material first
4) Let me know if you need any string silencers. I carry beaver balls. They are $5 loose or $8 installed. They are 5 inches long
5) Pick your color scheme. My color code is as follows: Black/bk, Brown/br, Red/rd, White/w, Hunter Green/hg, Yellow/y, Tan/tn, Cocobolo/co, Blue/be, pink/pk, Purple/pe, Cedar/ce. You can chose up to 4 colors for a string. Example...if you want a string that is basically tan and black with maybe a touch of white then the color code would be Bk/w-Tn/w The first color that is capitalized is the main bundle and the second smaller cased color is the accent in the bundle. If you want two accents of white in the black bundle and just one in the brown bundle it would be Bk/ww-Br/w get it?
6) Put as much info in your subject heading as you can. If you are ordering a string for one of the all green Bear Kodiak Magnums your subject heading might look like this:
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52 47 1/2 Hg/tntn-Hg/be
Which equates to a Bear(Make) Kodiak Magnum(Model) 52(AMO) 47 1/2(String Length) Hg/tntn-Hg/be which would be a string that is all hunter green with two strands of tan in one bundle and one strand of blue in the other bundle.
Here are some other pics.
Here are two color options I like for a 1965 Kodiak or Kodiak Magnum. This string would be great on a mid to late 60's Kodiak Magnum or a late 60's Kodiak Hunter too! These are $12.00
I get all kinds of requests for string patterns. Here are a few
I offer beaver balls as string silencers. They are a full 5" long. These are $5 loose or $8 installed.
New Traditional Site.... tradhunter.com
Smokey's Deer Lure The Only One That Really Works
My Favorite Links
Intro to a new traditional video with Doug Schlabach....AWESOME!!
Steve Catts Leathersmith My PERSONAL recommendation. If you want leather goods to last a lifetime then look no farther
Stickbow Supplies owned by Jerry Dewese. This is where I buy most of my stuff
Hildenbrand Traditional Archery owned by Bob Hildenbrand. Another great distributor. I use him too!
One of my 2005 Bucks
Not all My Strings Stay in the US!
A Buck I took with a Flint Point I Knapped Myself
A Grouse with a Bow??!!.........Impossible!
A Handsome Buck That Fell to My Hawkens
Stickbow...Where Traditional Archers Meet
South Dakota 2007
Traditional Archery Locater.........Links to Scores of Bowyers and Archery Suppliers
Pictures!! 2008 Harvests
Give Your Favorite Bear a New Leather Grip
Replace Your Old Paper Tips On Your Vintage Bow